PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

One Little Word 2012



Hi Friends!

Well, it's official:  I have settled on "Nourish" as my One Little Word for 2012.  I went back and forth between a couple of different words, but in the end, "Nourish" seemed like the best fit for what I'd like to do this year.  I've got to tell you, I'm a little bit giddy about this word.  I think it's going to be a good one.  Seriously good.  Twenty-twelve is going to be the year I nourish my body, mind, and soul.  When I discussed my choice with John on New Year's Day, he kinda scrunched up his face (a totally different reaction than I got with last year's "Balance"),  but once I explained what "Nourish" means to me, he jumped on board.

Basically, I want to fill 2012 with people/activities/things that nourish me in some way.  I want to rid myself of people/activities/things that do not nourish me. 

Things that nourish me:

Body:  Healthy, conscious eating.  Going to the gym.  Swimming & biking.  Walking Buster.  Stretching.

Mind:  Reading.  Writing.  Teaching.  Coaching.  Blogging/Journaling.

Soul:  Going to church.  Taking care of relationships.  Creating.  Staying on budget.  Baking. 

I probably don't need to go into my list of things that don't nourish me.  Suffice it to say, I need to cut out the junk, workout my body, spend less time on worrying and more time doing. 

So far, so good.  I'm 3/3 on hitting the gym and have been reminding myself to eat foods that nourish, rather than harm, my body.  Yesterday I quit a committee that didn't feed my soul.  When I texted John about it, he texted back, "Nourish."  Love it!  I baked some bread on Sunday.  I love kneading and rolling bread;  it just makes me feel like I'm doing something good for my family.  Today I'm working on a creative project that will also help take care of my relationships.  I'm rockin' and rollin' on my OLW so far.

The true test, of course, comes later, when things get hectic and I don't want to leave my warm bed at 4:30 am.  I'm hoping that my OLW will help me when I struggle this year.  I'll check in periodically on my OLW progress throughout 2012.

Wish me luck!

XO,

Vicki



2 comments:

  1. You nailed it sister!!! I LOVE your word choice and wish you the VERY best of luck!!! Cheering you on!!! :)
    Hope your holiday was as splendid as can be and HAPPY 2012! We are back from vacation and feeling good! ****
    Much love to you dear,
    Maggie H.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it. and john's text is awesome. a man should never underestimate how much his support means to his wife.

    ReplyDelete