PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, January 20, 2012

Craft Challenge//Mini in a Basket


Hi Friends,

It's snowing like crazy here in Chicago, and mom seems a little pooped today.  She has been dozing off and on in her chair since breakfast.  Healing is hard work.  My job is to sit quietly and be there when she wakes up.  Good thing I packed my own quiet-time activities:  a good book, my laptop, and a basket full of craft supplies.

I know you're probably thinking, "Really?  Pictures from last fall?  You're just now getting around to putting that picture from the first day of school into a book?"  Yup.  Fall kind of got away from me, what with coaching and teaching and mothering and all.  I think this is the first time, ever, that I've finished my Christmas album before I even started my fall mini.  Better late than never, right?  : )

I decided that maybe if I packed up the stuff and brought it down here with me, I might make some progress on it.  I also thought if I limited myself to only those items I could pack in my metal basket, I'd narrow down the time I took deciding what to do with each page.  I'm using an album I bought at The Creative Place on Etsy.  I am a big fan of Ashley's little books.  Besides some basic tools (scissors, hole punch, etc) I also brought some paper scraps, a few fall embellishments and a mixed paper pack from Xenia's lovely Etsy shop, Saturday Morning Vintage.  I'm going to finish this album with just what I brought.

Stay tuned for pictures of the completed mini.

Have a fabulous day, friends!

XO,

Vicki

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see how it all turns out. I wonder why I'd never thought of just punching holes in a picture and binding it together like that. Nifty! Sometimes I think that the more stuff we have around us to work with, the less creative and more paralyzed we become. I'll bet this will turn out to be quite the little gem.

    ReplyDelete